You are here:
MRI of the spine
Spinal discs and spinal marrow changes as well as inflammatory or tumorous changes can be depicted with this type of scan. The examination is used for medical conditions such as prolapse, vertebral stenosis or multiple sclerosis.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
- Immediate appointment
- Personal consultation with a doctor
- KFA, private free-choice physician, private
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an MRI of the spine
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- It is not possible to perform an MRI of the spine on persons wearing a pacemaker.
- Prior clarification is required in case you have any implants.
- Piercings, jewellery and watches must be removed.
- A contrast agent is injected intravenously depending on the condition.
Procedure for an MRI of the spine
- An MRI of the skull takes about 10 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- Earplugs dampen the sounds of the MRI machine.
- An emergency bell and intercom system are also available.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.