You are here:
MRI and claustrophobia
For many, the idea of being confined to a narrow tube is highly unpleasant. We do not take this fear of confined spaces lightly and have developed a multi-sensor programme so that claustrophobic patients can still undergo such an examination. These measures have also proven beneficial for children.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
- Immediate appointment
- Personal consultation with a doctor
- KFA, private free-choice physician, private
Well-informed in all matters
- Upon request, our employees will take the time to explain each examination step.
- You can also choose to be accompanied by another person in the examination room if this reassures you.
- Upon request, we also administer sedative drops.
- We take your mind off of the procedure. Allow yourself to be transported to a different world, e.g. to the ocean, as you watch our video programming on the screen inside of the machine.
- Music has a calming effect, and we are happy to play your favourite songs while you are in the examination room.
- The tubes of our devices have a wide diameter. A mirror also gives the illusion of looking out and helps those who feel uncomfortable. The use of a mirror is especially beneficial for skull and neck examinations.