An ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries is performed transvaginally.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- The transvaginal ultrasound is a well-tested and very gentle method in order to clarify various symptoms such as menstruation problems or pains in the lower abdomen.
- It is not possible to perform a transvaginal ultrasound during menstruation.
Procedure for a transvaginal ultrasound
- An ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
- The examination is unpleasant but painless.
- It is performed with the patient’s legs positioned in stirrups. A small ultrasonic probe, covered with a protective layer is inserted into the vagina in order to visualise all areas of the lower abdomen.