This type of scan makes it possible to examine circulatory disorders, post-traumatic changes, the temporal bone, the inner ear, laryngeal and lymph node changes, neck cysts and tumours as well as confirm or rule out internal bleeding.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
- Immediate appointment
- Personal consultation with a doctor
- KFA, private free-choice physician, private
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a CT of the skull
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Current blood test results (TSH and creatinine value) are required for examinations with contrast agents.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- A CT of the skull is performed with dose-optimised X‑ray radiation.
- Please remove all metallic objects such as jewellery or piercings.
- A possible pregnancy must be reported.
Procedure for a CT of the skull
- A CT of the skull takes about 5 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You lie on a table as it slowly moves within the CT tube.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality three-dimensional images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 330.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 627.00