Inflammatory and tumorous changes in the upper abdomen (liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys) and lower abdomen (uterus, ovaries, urinary bladder) can be depicted with this type of scan. Pathological changes of the lymph nodes can also be visualised. Special 3D images of the large intestine (mucous membrane polyps, tumours) offer an important alternative to colonoscopies.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a CT of the abdomen
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Current blood test results (TSH and creatinine value) are required for examinations with contrast agents.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- A CT of the skull is performed with dose-optimised X‑ray radiation.
- Please inform us in case you have been diagnosed with thyroid disease, diabetes or limited kidney function.
- Please remove all metallic objects such as jewellery or piercings.
- A possible pregnancy must be reported.
- ONLY for abdominal/lower abdominal examinations: Please arrive 30 minutes early to your appointment. You are required to drink half a litre of water and should not void the bladder prior to the examination.
Procedure for an MRI of the abdomen
- A CT of the skull takes about 5 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You lie on a table as it slowly moves within the CT tube.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality three-dimensional images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.
- We issue commands for certain examinations and tell you when to breathe since breathing movements may distort the images.
- A contrast agent is injected and current blood test results are required for certain conditions.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 121.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 440.00