The salivary glands as well as the size and structure of the thyroid gland can be examined with a special high-resolution ultrasonic probe. Swellings of the neck lymph nodes and carotid artery (carotid artery duplex) can be visualised and evaluated.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an ultrasound of the head/neck
- Please bring your e‑card and referral from your doctor to the examination.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment.
- No special preparation is required for an ultrasound performed in this bodily area.
Procedure for an ultrasound of the head/neck
- An ultrasound of the head/neck takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
- It is completely painless.
- The patient assumes a lying or sitting position.
- A gel is applied to the bodily region to be examined.
- The radiologist slides the ultrasonic probe over the examination area as ultrasonic images are captured.