Using video cinematography, we can find out why you are having trouble swallowing.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an X-ray of the swallowing act
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Please take a piece of bread or a bread roll along.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment.
- An X‑ray of the swallowing act is performed with a contrast agent – a blood test is not required.
- A possible pregnancy must be ruled out.
- Dental prostheses must be removed depending on the examination region.
Procedure for an X-ray of the swallowing act
- You will be asked to drink a contrast agent one gulp at a time.
- Radiologists record the swallowing act from various positions.
Optimally prepared for the examination
Important information brochures, fact sheets and forms for printing, reading and filling out.