We are looking for constrictions and obstructions that impair your intestinal activity.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an X-ray of the intestines
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- An X‑ray of the intestinal passage is performed with a contrast agent. Results from a blood test (not older than 2 months) including your renal and TSH (thyroid) values are required.
- A possible pregnancy must be ruled out.
Procedure for an X-ray of the intestines
- Procedures for X‑rays of the intestinal passage vary. An examination duration of four hours (one to two hours on average) is to be expected for the small intestine, and an examination duration of up to eight hours (three hours on average) is to be expected for the large intestine.
- At the beginning of the examination, you will be asked to ingest a contrast agent.
- Images are then recorded subsequently in half-hour intervals in which the flow within the intestine is depicted.
- You are permitted to move as well as eat and drink between recordings.