You are here:
MRI of the skull/neck
Benign and malignant as well as degenerative illnesses of the neurocranium, the ocular orbit, the paranasal sinuses and the carotid artery can be examined with this type of scan. High-resolution images of the smallest structures such as of the cerebellopontine angle are also possible with this method.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
- Immediate appointment
- Personal consultation with a doctor
- KFA, private free-choice physician, private
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an MRI of the skull
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- It is not possible to perform an MRI of the skull on persons wearing a pacemaker.
- Prior clarification is required in case you have any implants.
- Piercings, jewellery and watches must be removed.
- A contrast agent is injected intravenously depending on the condition.
Procedure for an MRI of the skull
- An MRI of the skull takes about 10 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You assume a supine position while your head is inside the magnetic tube. The tube is illuminated, ventilated and also has a viewing window.
- Earplugs dampen the sounds of the MRI machine.
- An emergency bell and intercom system are also available.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.