Benign and malignant as well as degenerative illnesses of the neurocranium, the ocular orbit, the paranasal sinuses and the carotid artery can be examined with this type of scan. High-resolution images of the smallest structures such as of the cerebellopontine angle are also possible with this method.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an MRI of the skull
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- It is not possible to perform an MRI of the skull on persons wearing a pacemaker.
- Prior clarification is required in case you have any implants.
- Piercings, jewellery and watches must be removed.
- A contrast agent is injected intravenously depending on the condition.
Procedure for an MRI of the skull
- An MRI of the skull takes about 10 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You assume a supine position while your head is inside the magnetic tube. The tube is illuminated, ventilated and also has a viewing window.
- Earplugs dampen the sounds of the MRI machine.
- An emergency bell and intercom system are also available.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.