Constrictions (stenoses), occlusions, expansions (aneurysms) and malformations (angiomas) of arteries or veins as well as vascular tumours can be depicted with this type of scan.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an MR of the vessels
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- It is not possible to perform a vascular MRI on persons wearing a pacemaker.
- Prior clarification is required in case you have any implants.
- Piercings, jewellery and watches must be removed
- A contrast agent is injected intravenously in order to examine blood vessels and for angiograms with MRI.
Procedure for an MRI of the vessels
- An MRI of the skull takes about 10 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- Earplugs dampen the sounds of the MRI machine.
- An emergency bell and intercom system are also available.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.