Constrictions (stenoses), occlusions, expansions (aneurysms) and malformations (angiomas) of arteries or veins as well as vascular tumours can be depicted with this type of scan.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an MR of the vessels
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- It is not possible to perform a vascular MRI on persons wearing a pacemaker.
- Prior clarification is required in case you have any implants.
- Piercings, jewellery and watches must be removed
- A contrast agent is injected intravenously in order to examine blood vessels and for angiograms with MRI.
Procedure for an MRI of the vessels
- An MRI of the skull takes about 10 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- Earplugs dampen the sounds of the MRI machine.
- An emergency bell and intercom system are also available.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.