An ultrasound of an enlarged prostate and lymph nodes in this area is performed transrectally.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an ultrasound of the prostate
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- The transrectal ultrasound is a well-tested and very gentle method for clarifying various symptoms such as problems while urinating.
Procedure for an ultrasound of the prostate
- A prostate ultrasound takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
- The examination is unpleasant but painless.
- It is performed in a lateral position; knees are angled. A small ultrasonic probe, covered with a protective layer is inserted into the rectum in order to visualise all areas of the prostate.