You are here:
Ultrasound of the joints
The locomotor system (muscles, tendons, joints) as a functional unit can be thoroughly examined with a sonography, which provides clarification for tendinitis, muscle ruptures, torn tendons, joint fluids (effusion) or bruises.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
- Immediate appointment
- Personal consultation with a doctor
- KFA, private free-choice physician, private
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an ultrasound of the joints
- Please bring your e‑card and referral from your doctor to the examination.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment.
- No special preparation is required for an ultrasound performed in this bodily area.
Procedure for an ultrasound of the joints
- An ultrasound of the joints takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
- It is completely painless.
- The patient assumes a lying or sitting position.
- A gel is applied to the bodily region to be examined.
- The radiologist slides the ultrasonic probe over the examination area as ultrasonic images are captured.