Causes of stomach ailments such as acid reflux are clarified by means of X‑ray images of the stomach and duodenum.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for an X-ray of the stomach
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Please do not eat, drink or smoke 6 hours prior to the examination. You may continue to take important medications with just a little bit of water.
- An X‑ray of the stomach is performed with a contrast agent, which is administered orally.
- A possible pregnancy must be ruled out.
Procedure for an X-ray of the stomach
- You are asked to swallow sherbet powder, which causes air to form in the stomach and thereby improves imaging.
- You will subsequently be asked to drink a contrast agent.
- After lying down, you will be asked to rotate your body so that the contrast agent disperses evenly.
- Images are subsequently recorded in the supine, prone and lateral position.