You are here:
X‑ray of the large intestine
A virtual colonoscopy, also referred to as an irrigoscopy is used to discover the causes of intestinal ailments.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a virtual colonoscopy
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Only consume a light fare two days prior to the examination (tea, rusk, soup, rice); drink lots, and take laxatives.
- You are required to be nil by mouth for the examination.
Procedure for a virtual colonoscopy
- An intestinal tube is inserted into the rectum via which a contrast agent is administered.
- The intestinal tube is opened, and the contrast agent is administered.
- Subsequently, the large intestine is filled with air, which can cause a feeling of tension.
- Intestinal loops and possible impairments can be visualised with pinpoint accuracy with the combination of air and contrast agent.