We use a pyelography to clarify problems with the kidneys and/or urinary passages.
About the appointment
We offer this examination at the following locations in Vienna.
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a pyelography
- Please bring your e‑card and referral to the examination.
- Please also bring any previous findings.
- The examination is performed with a contrast agent. Results from a blood test (not older than 2 months) including your renal and TSH (thyroid) values are required.
- A possible pregnancy must be ruled out.
Procedure for a pyelography
- A pyelography takes half an hour on average.
- An X‑ray of the kidneys is initially performed without contrast agent in order to detect the presence of stones.
- A contrast agent is then injected intravenously into the arm vein, and images are recorded in an interval of 5 to 10 minutes in order to depict the urinary passage and its functions.
Optimally prepared for the examination
Important information brochures, fact sheets and forms for printing, reading and filling out.