Inflammatory, cystic or tumorous changes of the jaw as well as inflammation of the paranasal sinuses can be examined with this type of scan. This examination is also frequently used in preparation for dental implants.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a CT of the facial skull
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- A CT of the facial skull is performed with dose-optimised X‑ray radiation.
- Jewellery in the examination area must be removed.
- A possible pregnancy must be reported.
Procedure for a CT of the facial skull
- A CT of the facial skull takes about 5 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You lie on a table as it slowly moves within the CT tube.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality three-dimensional images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 330.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 627.00