Inflammatory and tumorous changes in the lung, lung tissue diseases, lung masses in the mediastinum as well as vascular changes can be depicted with this type of scan.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a CT of the thorax
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- Current blood test results (TSH and creatinine value) are required for examinations with contrast agents.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- A CT of the skull is performed with dose-optimised X‑ray radiation.
- Please inform us in case you have been diagnosed with thyroid disease, diabetes or limited kidney function.
- Please remove all metallic objects such as jewellery or piercings.
- A possible pregnancy must be reported.//
Procedure for a CT of the thorax
- A CT of the skull takes about 5 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You lie on a table as it slowly moves within the CT tube.
- Movements should be avoided during the examination. Over the course of the lung examination, we will repeatedly ask you to hold your breath.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 121.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 440.00