The width of the vertebral canal, inflammatory or tumorous changes of bony spinal structures and the width of nerve channels can be depicted with this type of scan.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements for a CT of the spine
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- Any previous findings are also to be submitted.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- A spinal CT is performed with dose-optimised X‑ray radiation.
- Please inform us in case you have been diagnosed with thyroid disease, diabetes or limited kidney function.
- Please remove all metallic objects such as jewellery, bras or piercings.
- A possible pregnancy must be reported.
Procedure for a CT of the spine
- A CT of the spine takes about 5 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- You lie on a table as it slowly moves within the CT tube.
- It is absolutely necessary for you to lie still so that we can generate high-quality three-dimensional images. Please let us know if you suffer from claustrophobia.
- A contrast agent is injected depending on certain medical conditions.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 121.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 440.00