With this type of scan, the coronary vessels can be visualised in 3D, which is especially important in order to assess the risk of an imminent cardiovascular event (heart attack). In many cases, a conventional angiogram can thereby be avoided.
About the appointment
Well-informed in all matters
Requirements of a CT coronary angiography
- Please bring your e‑card and referral.
- You are required to bring any previous findings (ECG, ergometry, echocardiography, heart catheter, MR of the heart, PET results) to the examination.
- Current blood test results (TSH and creatinine value) are required for examinations with contrast agents.
- COVID: The chief physician’s approval has currently been waived.
- Please inform us in case you have been diagnosed with thyroid disease, diabetes or limited kidney function.
- Do not consume any caffeinated beverages, energy drinks or alcohol six hours prior to the examination.
- You may continue to take your medication as usual.
Procedure for a CT coronary angiography
- Including preparation time, a CT coronary angiography takes between 10 and 15 minutes.
- The examination is completely painless.
- We inject a contrast agent intravenously and attach three electrodes to the upper body.
- You will be asked to briefly hold your breath during the angiogram.
Waiting time for an appointment
Costs & reimbursement
Direct billing with all statutory health insurers.
Direct billing is currently not available for ÖGK and KFA. Computer tomographies are only covered by private health insurance. Our fee notes can be submitted in any case to all private health insurers that cover outpatient services.
CT of the heart including calcium scoring – € 660.00
CT calcium scoring – € 121.00
CT virtual colonoscopy – € 440.00